Hot summer days?
cold Thai iced
I got my
When you make the Thai Iced
tea, do you want it to be strong?
because the ice you serve it with will dissolve and dilute the drink. So I make it more than double strength, maybe even triple what the package says to do. Also, make sure that you at least do a second brew of the same
Lastly, when you make this make sure to drink with a straw, it really does taste better with one :O
If you liked this post, please share or leave a comment. Thanks for reading!
How I do Thai Iced Tea
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: drink
- 2 cups water (1cup=8oz)
- 5 Tablespoons thai tea (heaping tablespoons ~80 grams)
- 4 Tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon evaporated milk (+ more after adding crushed ice)
- Gather ingredients, bring water to a boil and add in tea.
- Steep for at least 5 minutes and then strain out leaves (do not discard as you can brew a second batch!)
- Quickly measure out sugar and condensed milk and pour tea over to dissolve.
- After condensed milk/sugar has dissolved, add evaporated milk and mix. Then top with crushed ice and additional evaporated milk to taste.
- Rebrew the original leaves with about half the amount of water used initially and repeat steps 2-4 above!