Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Dill, and Smoked Salmon | This pasta exemplifies how bringing individual, ordinary ingredients together can result in an exciting and complex blend of flavors.The flavors of butter, shallot, cream, and dill are a rich and delicious way to eat smoked salmon.
Honey Smoked Salmon and Dill
This pasta is the embodiment of well-balanced and garden fresh.
There is also depth, that the smoke has added to a firm and meaty salmon.
And despite that, the salmon flavor is not as strong as you might think.
It’s offset by some shallots, some cream, most importantly asparagus and dill.
Then you squeeze on some lemon to make everything pop. Pop pop pop, pop!
The acidity of the lemon juice brightens everything up, like the sun on a sunny summer day.
Try the pasta without it first and you’ll see what I mean.
There’s a lot going on in this dish and it should keep your taste buds nice and stimulated.
This pasta is what makes me want to cook
This pasta exemplifies how bringing individual, ordinary ingredients together can result in an exciting and complex blend of flavors.
The flavors are wonderful that could very well be because I love pasta. And I love smoked salmon.
I’ve done a few batches with fresh pasta and one with dried pasta.
I like fresh more because the overall flavor profile is a bit better.
And the texture of fresh pasta can never be beat.
Lastly, there’s nothing like dill and fish!!
One of my other favorite pairings is “cha ca”, which is a Vietnamese preparation of white fish and dill.
Maybe that’s the next thing I should try with dill. Cha ca. This recipe looked promising.
Anyone like to use dill for other dishes?
This is one of my most popular recipes, help me get the word out by pinning it!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other pasta posts!
- Ditali Lisci (Pasta) with Prosciutto and Peas
- Creamy Mentaiko Pasta with Fresh Spaghetti
- Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Dill, and Smoked Salmon
- Classic Basil Pesto with Pine Nuts and Cheese
- Bucatini with Fresh Herbs and Zesty Breadcrumbs
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Bacon, Cucumber, and Red Onion
- Spaghetti with Pancetta, Kale, and Butternut Squash
- Fresh Fettuccine with Roasted Eggplant and Tomato
- Mentaiko Pasta with Olive Oil and Shiso