Here’s a new shirataki noodle recipe for you to try – shirataki noodles cooked with a colorful vegetable medley, lightly stir fried with a subtle accent of sesame flavor and aroma.
Shirataki noodle stir fry
like i mentioned in my previous post, shirataki noodles (miracle noodles) can be seasoned in various ways
these stir fried shirataki noodles with vegetables are another one of my favorites.
and in spite of required just a handful of ingredients, the resulting dish is full of flavor and a variety of textures.
think that’d be something you’d enjoy?
Japanese stir fry dishes in Japanese cuisine
one of the benefits of eating a traditional japanese meal is the variety.
if you’ve heard of ichijuu sansai before, then you probably know that a traditional japanese meal consists of (at minimum) – one soup, one bowl of rice, 3 side dishes and a main dish.
thanks to the variety i think youre less likely to overeat and more likely to enjoy the food, thanks to the contrasting flavors and textures and the ability to taste multiple things.
i dont know about you, but as someone who thoroughly enjoys trying new things and variety, i definitely slow down my eating when tasting and trying new foods.
as you may know, when you eat slower you get fuller faster as your body is given a chance to tell your brain to stop eating!
so as it pertains to the 3 japanese shirataki noodles dishes in this series, they are mean to be sides.
though you could certainly make them a main dish, you might need to add some more protein for more nutritional balance and to keep you satiated
as far as making this a complete meal?
consider joining the 3 day cooking class i put together to get you started.
in the mean time, have fun making the second shirataki noodle dish of the series with the recipe below.
Shirataki noodle vegetable stir fry (Japanese recipe)
- 1 large pack shirataki noodles, parboiled
- 2 ½ cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup green onions, cut into long strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp shoyu kouji
- 3 Tbsp mirin
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large saute pan with the oil and add the carrots and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Next add the green onions and allow to slightly brown.
- Next add sugar, shoyu kouji, and mirin followed by the shirataki noodles and give the noodles a few stirs to distritube the seasonings.
- Lastly, add rice vinegar and pepper.
- Stir a couple of times and reduce liquid completely and serve.
have you tried a japanese shirataki dish before?
will you be trying this recipe or this one ? lmk in the comments!
PS if you havent yet maybe subscribe so you dont miss any of my new japanese cooking videos