Hello friends!! Happy Meatless Monday! To celebrate, I have a super light and herby farro salad to share with you. Are you ready? If not, put your helmet on and let the farro fall like rain from the sky!!
Farro is one of my favorite grains. It’s chewy, filling, and nutritious.
If you haven’t been following, I threw together a bunch of healthy dishes before I left for my Europe trip. This salad was one of them.
One of the things I like about this dish is how quickly it comes together. You can have a meal in under 30 minutes.
Warm Farro Salad
The other thing I like is that the salad is pretty flexible. It can’t do the splits, but is a solid base for exploring different flavors and combinations. What I think makes this salad work are the fresh herbs in the dressing and warm temperature.
Farro is pretty bland by itself. So adding an aromatic garlic-rosemary infused dressing livens up the flavor quite well.
In addition, the warmth from cooking the farro is perfect for making some of those aromatics evaporate from the salad right into your nose. Bullseye. Right where you want them.
If you eat the salad cold, the flavor is still there. There may just not be as evident of an aroma when you are eating it.
The parsley also plays an important role in adding a slightly pungent and herby characteristic to the dish.
Lastly, you have the dried fruit for sweetness/tartness and the cheese for creaminess.
If you are looking for an easy and tasty way of eating farro, follow the recipe as written.
Otherwise, I encourage you to experiment and see what you like best.
Since I’ve made this recipe multiple times, I took the opportunity to see what else I could do with it.
Some of the things I’ve tried are as follows:
- dried apricot, dried currants or sundried tomato in place of the cherries
- toasted pecan, walnuts or avocado in place of the goat cheese (making the dish vegan)
Anyways, hope you give this dish a try and hope you have a great day, an even greater week!
Until next time! Thanks for reading and don’t forget to sign up for my email list for updates!
Here is a short video of me throwing it all together-
In case you missed them, here are some of my other farro recipes!
- Warm Farro Salad with Butternut Squash and Radicchio
- Warm Farro with Buttered Onions, Cranberries, and Pecans
- Farroto with Asparagus, Peas, and Fresh Herbs
- Warm Farro Salad with Easter Egg Radishes and Broccoli
- Warm Farro Salad with Fresh Herbs, Goat Cheese and Dried Cherries
- Warm Farro Salad with Arugula, Fennel, Olives, and Prosciutto
- Farro Salad with Swiss Chard, Olives, and Garlic (Vegan)
- Charlie Bird’s Farro Salad version 1.0