Holy Moly Macaroni!
Is what I thought when I tasted this macaroni salad!
Yes, it is just a macaroni salad. And maybe it’s been a long time since I’ve made it, but this one was quite good!
It’s not heavy and is a solid side to go with any meal (like the one pictured below~).
The red onion and cucumber help to balance some of the bacon bits and mayo.
But there isn’t that much mayo really.
And I actually replaced some of it with olive oil to make it healthier. Woohoo!
It tastes great hot or cold
And you could even add a bit of lemon or lime if you want a little acidity in there.
Now that I think of it, you could probably do a lot more and just use this as a base.
But if you aren’t too adventurous, this salad is an easy one to get started with.
As a whole, the macaroni salad is well balanced, with fresh flavors, and easy to make.
What do you think?
Here are the other parts of the menu!
For those keen on getting started cooking Japanese food, I’ve put together a quick reference on Japanese Food Supplies that can help get you started! Check it out if you haven’t seen it yet!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other Japanese recipes!
- Kinako Ice Cream with Kuromitsu
- Japanese Style Broccoli Salad with Egg and Ham
- Japanese Style Potato Salad with Ham
- Creamy Mentaiko Pasta with Fresh Spaghetti
- Omusubi (Japanese rice balls) with tuna, salted salmon, and umeboshi
- Japanese Radish Salad with Tuna and Radish Sprouts
- Japanese Style Matcha Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- Japanese Green Tea Ice Cream (egg yolk free!)
- Mizuna (Japanese Mustard Greens) with Garlic and Bacon