Can you flambe anything more tasty than Crepes Suzette?
If so let me know!!!
If you haven’t heard of this, Crepes Suzette is a super super rich and delicious French dessert made with lots of butter, several liqueurs, and fresh oranges.
I used the recipe from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1 and made some slight changes toward the end. I used slightly less sugar while increasing the liqueur just before the flambe because I like my crepes a little less sweet and with a bit more of the liqueur flavors showing through.
I ate this three days straight with no regrets. It was that good.
My favorite part about making these is playing with fire.
When I was a kid I was a little bit of a pyro and loved playing with fireworks. Actually I think I still do 🙂
This is like playing with fireworks, but rather than seeing pretty colors I get to eat the product of the fire. ????
Make sure to watch your precious eyebrows and long hair or you might be smelling burnt hair rather than a lovely boozy and buttery orange aroma.
This will be my first post with a cooking demo. The footage is mostly raw with a few cuts here and there and walks you through assembly and flambe!????
Let me know what you think both about the video and the recipe!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other dessert posts-
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with a Walnut Crust
- Matcha Ice Cream
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Waffle Cones
- Kinako Ice Cream with Kuromitsu
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries
- No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Classic Crepes Suzette with Rum
- Japanese Style Matcha Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Bean Ice cream with Bourbon