Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries is an alcohol fueled twist on a classic ice cream. The strawberries used were at peak ripeness enabling me to cut back on the sugar. Serve the ice cream with with a waffle cone or a bit of whipped cream and it might just mysteriously vanish before your eyes.
Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries
Already half-way through summer? Poo!
The strawberries at the farmer’s market now are super ripe and very sweet! Have you picked any up for yourself?
After eating strawberries all weekend long, I eventually had a craving for something creamy.
Can you guess what idea popped into my head?
*Poof* strawberry ice cream!!!
Now listen here.
This is no ordinary strawberry ice cream.
Since the title probably gave it away…
You know what makes this so special.
Vodka Infused Berries
The vodka helps to keep the berries from becoming completely frozen.
Plus it makes the ice cream just a little boozy. Not overly so though.
So don’t try to set it on fire!
I suppose if you want it more boozy you could double the vodka.
Or just have a few shots and chase it with this bomb ice cream.
Totally up to you you party animal!
If you are a super taster, though, you might be able to taste the vodka in the berries as is.
It’s very subtle.
Following the recipe will result in a little over 3 pints of ice cream, that is creamy and not too rich.
A solid dessert to round out your 4th of July holiday party or meal!
In case you’ve missed them, here are some of my other dessert recipes!
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with a Walnut Crust
- Matcha Ice Cream
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Waffle Cones
- Kinako Ice Cream with Kuromitsu
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries
- No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Classic Crepes Suzette with Rum
- Japanese Style Matcha Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Bean Ice cream with Bourbon
- Japanese Green Tea Ice Cream (egg yolk free!)