There is always a time for sweets-
baked goods or coffee
For those who love to eat-
Consider gifting them biscotti!
^^^ That was my rap. I have unleashed my inner rapper. Want to know where it comes from? I’ll tell you.
You know when I was a wee little one, the first two tapes that I ever bought were:
I played it on the way to school one day in the car. After my mom heard the uncensored language, she promptly returned them for me.
I then wanted 2Pac’s Me Against the World and Gun’s N’ Roses Use Your Illusion, but because they had the “parental advisory” sticker on it, she wouldn’t let me. Why don’t you buy Michael Jackson she said, but I just wasn’t into it… So until I got older, I had to stick with the censored versions on MTV and the radio. True story.
Back to my delicious biscotti. There are 12 days until Christmas.
Have you decided what you are going to do for gifts?
If not, please allow me to present to you, a tasty and edible option. These biscotti should be considered as a gift for these reasons:
- It’s edible and everyone’s gotta eat
- Probably won’t find this in stores
- Homemade = more personal
- It’s easy to make: at a high level, you could summarize the process in 4 steps – mix, bake, cut and bake again
- It keeps for at least a week (sealed in an airtight glass container or heavy ziplock)
- It’s not overly sweet and not overly rich
- Goes great with tea or coffee
- It has walnuts which are healthy to eat since they have good fats
- ____________fill in the blank with anything else i could be missing ?
To summarize, I would describe these biscotti as having notes of butter and a delicate, subtle maple flavor. There are firm toasted walnuts for added texture and flavor. The walnuts easily give way when you break into them with your shark-like teeth. The aftertaste is clean and comforting. The perfect way to wake up with your morning coffee on a cold winter day.
Here is a video clip showing me cutting up the mother piece into little baby biscotti and laying out for the second bake:
In case you missed them, here are some of my other breakfast recipes!
- Matcha Pancakes with Kuromitsu and Vanilla bean cream
- Blue Cornmeal Pancakes
- Vegan Turkish Menemen (tofu stir fry) Revisited
- Maple Walnut Biscotti
- Red Quinoa Plate with Chard, Carrots, Onion, and Poached Egg
- Waffles with Rolled oats and Olive oil Gluten Free
- Easy Granola with Olive oil and Maple Syrup
- Brown Butter Granola with Pomegranate Molasses, Sumac, and Coconut