And what better way to enjoy it than by making it fresh right in your own kitchen! By making it at home you’ll have control over the ingredients as well as the texture and the flavor, and there’s nothing quite as delicious as fresh homemade pasta! So if you wanna learn about this KPEXTA pasta press read on or watch the video below!
Why did i get the KPEXTA fresh pasta extruder?
I love pasta! Even better, fresh pasta!
How about you?
Because I enjoy cooking and because i enjoy making things with my hands, it was only natural that i’d eventually make pasta.
The extruder is a good segway into fresh pasta.
And especially so if you feel intimidated by pasta rolling and cutting.
or perhaps you aren’t into all the fuss that comes along with that method of making fresh pasta?
the KPEXTA pasta press might be just what you’re looking for!
This is a great option if you’re curious about fresh pasta or already know it’s worth treating yourself with every now and then.
This pasta extruder can make all different sorts of pasta such as spaghetti, fettuccine, rigatoni, bucatini, and more – including Japanese noodles like soba (buckwheat) and ramen!
So if you already have a stand mixer or were considering getting one, this attachment is simple to handle and does what it’s supposed to.
To learn more, read below for some of the pros and cons and a few of my tips.
Or if you’re more inclined to watch a video, you have that option as well
What’s in the pasta press box?
Upon opening your package, you’ll find a set of pasta making essentials.
It includes a cleaning brush, an storage case for your pasta press dies (all the shapes it makes), a hard thick white plastic spoon like tool (to push the pasta into the machine), and of course the manual with some good starter pasta recipes.
If you’re a pasta lover, think this’ll make the cut and satisfy your pasta cravings?
I’d be curious and you can leave a comment below or in the video to let me know!
A few reasons why this Kitchen Aid Pasta Extruder is worth the investment, here’s the list of its advantages:
- It’s super easy to use. Just make your dough and feed the machine!
- Includes different shapes to make (rigatoni, macaroni, fusilli, bucatini) without any specialized equipment.
- Works with any kitchen aid stand mixer.
- Makes fresh pasta – which has a special texture and can be made unique with various types of dough and vegetables or herbs! this means healthier, tastier and endless varieties of pasta for you and your loved ones!
- the pasta extruder doesn’t take up much space.
These are some of the cons of the pasta extruder:
- It’s made with plastic, including the pusher. Though it’s hard solid plastic, it could crack.
- It’s difficult to clean and the dough gets stuck. see video below
- It wastes some dough as it gets stuck in the die.
- If you have a smaller stand mixer it will be very noisy. Earplugs or noise cancelling headphones might be worth a try!
- It takes a longer time than rolling and cutting, which makes it a bit more time intensive.
Check out the KPEXTA pasta press review video here:
want to know more about how to use the Pasta Extruder?
if you didn’t watch the video through to the end, here are some useful tips to make your fresh pasta a success!
- Start with the pasta recipes that come along with the pasta press. they’ll help you get familiar with the right consistency. It’s not good if your dough is too wet because it may clump when cutting. if it feels tacky and not slightly dry, you may need to add a bit more flour. if it’s too dry, your pasta will fall apart after going through the dies, into little pieces, which i guess you could use for chicken noodle soup. 😂
- It’s also ideal to put small dough balls for easy cutting and for preventing your pasta extruder extend too much effort in shaping and slicing.
- Use plenty of flour or the kitchenaid pasta drying rack to keep your pressed pasta from sticking to itself
- Push down using the plastic tool, it makes the fresh pasta come out faster and if you have a smaller mixer you’ll hear your mixer strain to push it through!
- use high speed on the mixer. again this helps to make the pasta come out faster
So is this KPEXTA pasta press for you?
So, what do you think? is the extruder something you’d use ?
Are you excited to make your own pasta yet?
Is this something that you think’ll meet your needs? did i miss anything? lmk in the comments!
If you need some pasta inspiration, check out some of my delicious pasta recipes, one of them might be your next new favorite. 😉