Vanilla Bean Ice cream with Bourbon!
Guess what I’m going to be doing this weekend?!
Making ice cream!!????????????
I just got a gallon of milk and quart of cream, so I should be able to churn out a few quarts yea? Yaaa!!
This is one batch that I’ll be remaking.
Vanilla bean is one of my favorite flavors.
And I’m always looking for novel ways of preparing it.
This recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract plus a vanilla bean. Can you add any more vanilla than that?!
On top of the vanilla, you add bourbon, just before the churn is finished.
If you’ve never added bourbon to your ice cream, this little splash adds a nice bourbon kick in the pants.
That is. If your tongue had pants. They would be gently kicked. By the bourbon. ????
I really liked the kick. It was really quite gentle really.
I can’t drink alcohol, but I can eat it.
How about you? Do you like alcohol in your ice cream/food?
Tip-As I’ve made ice cream over the years, one of the things I always do is leave the cream off the stove. (not cooking it with the milk). This saves time as the mixture cools much faster than when heating both milk/cream together. And I can’t really tell if there’s a difference in texture when doing it this way!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other dessert posts!
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with a Walnut Crust
- Matcha Ice Cream
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Waffle Cones
- Kinako Ice Cream with Kuromitsu
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries
- No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Classic Crepes Suzette with Rum
- Japanese Style Matcha Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Bean Ice cream with Bourbon