No Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust is a taste of summer you won’t forget. Best served chilled, this pie filling is rich, creamy, and fruity with just the right amount of sweetness. The graham cracker crust is classic and one you can repurpose for other no bake desserts like my other favorite, cheesecake!
Blueberry Cream Pie
One of my favorite desserts!!
And if I did anything right here, this cream pie might soon be one of yours too!
I think the first time I ever had blueberry cream pie was at Marie Calendar’s restaurant.
My other favorite’s from there are Coconut Cream pie, Banana Cream pie, Kahlua Cream Pie, and last but not least… Fresh Strawberry pie! (when in season)
What’s your favorite?
Personally I think that fruit pies in general are usually too sweet.
Hence the emphasis on cream as above.
But obviously I’ll make exceptions!
Want to know what makes this pie unique?
Read on for more!
No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie
Can you guess what I especially like about this no bake blueberry cream pie?
That it’s no bake!
Plus, since I’m making it I have full control over the sweetness.
I also especially like that it has Greek yogurt rather than cream.
Isn’t that a slightly healthier alternative to cream?
Yes it is!
The texture is not as light and fluffy as a real cream pie, but it is just as rich and delicious.
The secret ingredient here is that you are mixing the Greek yogurt with mascarpone.
You get a little bit of a richer more complex flavor by adding mascarpone.
It definitely tastes different from my other no bake cheesecake for which I use real cream cheese.
But I suppose the difference is American cream cheese versus Italian cream cheese (which is what mascarpone is!)
I think I may try cream cheese one of these days and see how it turns out.
Then I guess it would be more of a no bake cheesecake.
And I’ll know for sure which is better, but hey, maybe they could both be winners!
Another tasty dessert to enjoy during the warm summer months. Yes?
Mascarpone with Greek Yogurt is a winning combo!!
The mascarpone cheese cuts the density of Greek yogurt right in half.
This results in a much less dense texture than the yogurt with a hint of sweetness inherent in the mascarpone.
I suppose you could use low-fat Greek yogurt but I don’t know if it’ll be as creamy.
So I decided to stick with full fat.
Lastly, for the crust, I used the exact same recipe as my No-Bake Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Pomegranate, except I reduced it by one third.
Now that blueberry season is here, I hope you get a chance to try this out!
Oh yes, and did you know blueberries are some of the most anti-oxidant rich fruits you can eat?
Some tips for making the no bake blueberry pie
- Depending on the sweetness of your blueberries you may need more or less sugar, so while cooking adjust sweetness, be conservative with the sugar since you can always add more! I used Trader Joe’s Wild Blueberries which were sweet enough with just a couple tablespoons!
- For an alternative presentation, you could place the fresh blueberries either right on top of the crust or within the cooked blueberry layer, leaving the top pure white.
- Though this recipe calls for blueberries, I could see alternative berries working here, like strawberry, huckleberry, marionberry perhaps? I’ll need to test out another batch with one of those and when I do, I’ll report back!
Watch my video No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust below if you’d like to see me throw this delicious blueberry pie together –
What do you think? Have you made a blueberry no bake pie before? How did it turn out and what kind of a crust did you use?
In case you’ve missed them, here are some of my other dessert recipes!
- Matcha Purin (Japanese style custard pudding with matcha tea)
- Hojicha Cupcakes with Black sesame and Sweet Cream
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with a Walnut Crust
- Matcha Ice Cream
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Waffle Cones
- Kinako Ice Cream with Kuromitsu
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries
- No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Classic Crepes Suzette with Rum