In my opinion, you can never go wrong adding alcohol to food or dessert.
Alcohol acts like a little flavor dispenser. You know like Pez candy dispensers. Only the little alcohol molecules dispense tiny packets of deliciousness right to your tastebuds. Pow!
So when I discovered a few pumpkin ice cream recipes with bourbon, I was excited to try my creating my own version!
For those who shop at Trader Joe’s… Have you ever tasted their pumpkin ice cream mochi? If not they are very tasty!!
The mochi have so little ice cream inside that I ate the whole box in one day. (Plus it was hot outside).
After I finished the box, I realized I liked the ice cream filling the most. But each piece is literally one bite.
So I thought I would try to make the pumpkin ice cream myself! And this is what happened…
Spiced Pumpkin Ice Cream with Bourbon
The outcome was a rich, creamy and dense ice cream with prominent notes of bourbon and spices.
This goes very well with spiced candied nuts. In fact, I made a batch of spiced walnuts to go with this the next day.
If you want to take it a step further, top the ice cream with whipped cream. That will add another dimension of flavor. For me, more flavor dimensions/complexity = better!!
In summary, whether you are looking for alternatives to pumpkin pie, or just like to eat pumpkin, this might be a recipe to check out!
Have you ever had pumpkin ice cream before? If so would love to hear about your variation!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other dessert posts!
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with a Walnut Crust
- Matcha Ice Cream
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Waffle Cones
- Kinako Ice Cream with Kuromitsu
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Vodka Infused Berries
- No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Classic Crepes Suzette with Rum
- Japanese Style Matcha Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Bean Ice cream with Bourbon
- Japanese Green Tea Ice Cream (egg yolk free!)