My Aerogarden is on fiyahhhh!!!
Meaning it’s doing really well.
We just passed day 45 (above) and I’ve already taken two harvests of the Italian basil.
The Thai holy basil was going a bit slow and finally caught up!
Here is how the Thai holy basil and Italian sweet basil looked at day 35
Earlier this week I made pesto with the Italian basil.
I was never really a fan of pesto, but I think it’s because I’ve never been successful making it at home. In the past, I’ve used the pre-grated cheese.
And I know now that that was a factor.
The pesto from this week was killer and easy to make.
I am now officially a fan of basil pesto????
I guess I didn’t know what I was missing.
The premade stuff and what I’ve had in restaurants doesn’t even come close to this.
Have you made your own basil before? If so, what do you put in it?
Here is my recipe – Classic Basil Pesto with Pine Nuts and Cheese
Curious about the Aerogarden? Read my review of it here: Aerogarden Ultra LED Review and Tips
I also have a Youtube Indoor Hydroponic Gardening playlist with more videos on how to setup your own hydroponic system as well if you like to DIY!
Thanks for reading!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other gardening posts!
- The Magic of Gardening
- Aerogarden Thai Holy Basil and Italian Basil Update Day 35 and 45
- Aerogarden Thai Holy Basil and Italian Basil Update Day 15 and 25
- Aerogarden Thai Holy Basil and Italian Sweet basil update Week 5 and week 9!!
- Hydroponic Strawberries – Puget Crimson and Tristar from bare roots grow August 2016 update
- Aerogarden Thai Basil and Italian Sweet Basil Week 4 update
- Hydroponic Strawberries – Puget Crimson and Tristar from bare roots grow June 2016
- Aerogarden Ultra LED Review