A NEW community for foodies interested in Japanese cooking and more!
As you may know, Daidokoro was the name of the facebook group i created several years ago to bring people together around cooking japanese food. Since then, things have evolved.
in addition to the Japanese cooking club, i’ve decided to create a new community as an extension.
as you guys voted, this new community will also be called daidokoro (japanese word for kitchen).
this week only, joining this community as a founding member will be at no charge. in the future there will be a small annual fee.
if youre interested in joining, please read through the below before clicking the link to register at the bottom of the page.
if you join as a founding member, the only thing I ask is that you participate.
to keep things simple, here are few ideas for what i mean and how you can contribute :
- for example –
- share your recipes, tips, comments
- ask a question or answer one
- share your photos of food, travel, or cooking related things
- share your honest opinions and constructive criticisms to bring out the best in people and make this a community unlike any other
for the time being, here’s what I envision for daidokoro V2 to be – your place to:
- discover more about Japan from the comfort of your own home
- meet your new friends – people just like you who also like to eat and cook Japanese food, travel and grow like a tree
- ask questions and learn all about Japanese food, culture and travel
- get exclusive access to online cooking classes with Pat and downloadable Japanese recipes
- share your own adventures
- your cooking and recreations (food pictures)
- your most recent travels, reading and other adventures that would contribute to the community
- earn shark teeth based on your participation in the community
- whether it’s a photo from a dish you’ve cooked, a helpful comment or just participating in a conversation- the shark teeth are points you can accumulate and redeem for cash in the all day i eat shop
- and this is just to start…
- i think things will be dynamic and change over time as it evolves.