Miso Soup with Eggplant and Gobo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: side
- Cuisine: Japanese
Standard miso soup base
- 2 cups dashi broth
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Japanese eggplant (cut in half lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 half stick gobo (burdock root) (skin removed and cut into matchsticks)
- green onions (chopped )
- Prepare dashi broth and bring to a gentle boil
- Add miso paste and stir to dissolve.
- Add eggplant and gobo and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and serve!