Eggplant and Pork Ginger Soy Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 4 whole Japanese eggplant (sliced no more than 1/2″ thick)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons katakuriko (potato starch or corn starch)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
Pork and Seasonings
- 1/4 pound pork loin (thinly sliced)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 Tablspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Slice eggplant approximately 1/2″ in thickness. Using a large bowl or plastic bag, combine the sliced eggplant with the potato or corn starch. Toss to evenly coat as much as possible.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Add olive oil and sesame oil and eggplant. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until you noticed some slight browning.
- Add in pork and all seasonings except Worcestershire sauce. Once the pork appears to have cooked through, add in Worcestershire sauce and turn down heat to low.
- Cook for another minute or so and mix to ensure sauce is evenly distributed. Remove from heat and serve with rice!