Enoki Mushroom Recipe with sesame oil and soy sauce (Japanese style namul)
- 1 bunch white enoki mushrooms, bottom removed
- 1 cup nira, garlic chives, chopped into 3–4 in. pieces
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsps sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsps ground sesame seeds, freshly toasted
- Heat a medium sauce pan with 3-4 cups water and a dash of salt. Once boiling, add nira and enoki mushrooms broken apart, blanch for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and use a strainer and spatula to gently press residual moisture from the vegetables.
- Transfer to a glass container and combine the seasoning with the cooked vegetables and serve warm.