Hajimemashite! (初めまして!）Nice to meet you!
I’m Pat Tokuyama and if we haven’t met before I’m the creator of Alldayieatlikeashark, a blog and youtube channel, where I show you how to cook Japanese with video.
Thanks to the power of books, I’ve adjusted my diet and cooking habits to incorporate more plant-based foods such as whole grains, soy and in particular tofu.
This cookbook is my way of giving back to the world with my own book.
Tofu Ryouri celebrates the might little tofu block, Japanese style!
In this book, I share my knowledge of Japanese food and culture, while at the same time inspiring and guiding you on a tasty tofu journey to Japan.
Read below for a few more details, watch a few of my videos.
And if you’re interested, join my new private Facebook group – Daidokoro – The Japanese Kitchen
There are over 30 delicious recipes that’ll get you eating more healthy and nutritious tofu. (The majority of which are vegan/vegetarian!)
But it won’t just be recipes, I’ll also be including some videos that show you exactly how to put these dishes together too.
Here’s the official book trailer-
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the recipes that’ll be included (scroll down for the pics)-
1. How to make dashi with katsuobushi and konbu
2. How to make dashi with konbu
3. How to make tsukudani (seasoned konbu, reusing your dashi konbu)
4. Hiyayakko – cold tofu 9 different ways
5. Shiraae – tofu dressed vegetables 3 different ways
6. Tofu salads -with 3 different dressings
7. Misodengaku (white and red miso glaze) baked tofu
8. Ankakedoufu – warm tofu with a dashi and soy based sauce
9. Atsuage – deep fried tofu teriyaki
10. Chikuzennni – simmered vegetables with atsuage in a dashi based broth
11. Tofu karaage – marinated deep fried tofu
12. Tofu steaks 3 different ways
13. Tosayaki – pan fried tofu cubes coated with katsuobushi flakes
14. Tsukune- chicken tofu skewers with kabayaki sauce
15. Mapotofu- Japanese style version of the classic Szechuan dish
16. Iridoufu – Japanese style ‘tofu scramble’
17. Tonnyuu nabe – soymilk hotpot with tofu
18. Gyoza with tofu and moyashi
19. Tofu hamburger – with chicken and renkon
20. Nikudoufu – simmered tofu and beef in a dashi soy based broth
I wrote this cookbook to help you eat more delicious and nutritious tofu
Who’s Tofu Ryouri for ?
This book may be for you if…
5 day Japanese cooking bootcamp returns Feb. 20!