Spaghetti with Pancetta, Kale, and Butternut Squash
I killed my taste buds with this pasta.
They came back reincarnated and things just don’t taste the same anymore.
The lethal combo was a complex mixture of slightly sweet and mostly savory flavors. It started with unsalted butter, garlic, and shallots. Then add white wine and take it to the next level with cream, pancetta, sage, pine nuts, and butternut squash.
This is one of the more complex pastas that I’ve made and it was well worth the effort. Because of all the ingredients, it does require work. But sometimes, that’s what makes certain dishes special!
I also include a time lapse of me making the sauce and finishing it up. Have a look below and let me know what you think!
As I would consider this to be on the more challenging side, you may want to save this for a special occasion. You know, like a birthday, Valentine’s day, or a day you want to treat yourself (any day!).
Let me know what you think of this. Have you made anything like it before?
In case you missed them, here are some of my other pasta recipes!
- Ditali Lisci (Pasta) with Prosciutto and Peas
- Creamy Mentaiko Pasta with Fresh Spaghetti
- Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Dill, and Smoked Salmon
- Classic Basil Pesto with Pine Nuts and Cheese
- Homemade Bucatini with Fresh Herbs and Zesty Breadcrumbs
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Bacon, Cucumber, and Red Onion
- Spaghetti with Pancetta, Kale, and Butternut Squash
- Fresh Fettuccine with Roasted Eggplant and Tomato
- Mentaiko Pasta with Olive Oil and Shiso