Ditali Lisci (Pasta) with Prosciutto and Peas is a delicious one pot meal made with trio of best friends: peas, prosciutto, and pasta. The peas bring a little bit of protein and fiber that offsets the carbohydrates from the pasta. And the prosciutto adds a nice sharp savory flavor, which is enhanced with additional cheese, red pepper, and parsley. Mmm mmm mmm!
Ever heard of Ditali Lisci?
I hadn’t until I received it as a gift!
Ditali Lisci is a pasta shaped like tubes or cylinders.
They are actually quite small when dry, maybe a little more than 1/4 inch.
But once cooked they more than double in size!
Which worked out nicely with the prosciutto and peas.
Self-assembling Stuffed Pasta
Both the chopped prosciutto and the little green peas would get stuck inside the tubes and turn into little stuffed pieces of pasta.
Almost like making pea/prosciutto ravioli but smaller, in a cylinder, and without the extra work!
For this type of pasta, the ideas for preparing it were pretty sparse. If you have any others, let me know 🙂
The end result was outstanding and I will certainly add this to my rotation.
The pea flavor goes great with the salty prosciutto and the chicken broth ensures that there is good flavor in each bite.
Top these three things off with cheese and red pepper and you are in for a treat!!!
I know there are many different types of pasta out there that I haven’t tried or haven’t heard of before.
And you know I’m always looking for new things to try, if you have any favorite and less popular pastas let me know!~
In case you’ve missed them, here are some of my other pasta recipes!
- Ditali Lisci (Pasta) with Prosciutto and Peas
- Creamy Mentaiko Pasta with Fresh Spaghetti
- Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Dill, and Smoked Salmon
- Classic Basil Pesto with Pine Nuts and Cheese
- Bucatini with Fresh Herbs and Zesty Breadcrumbs
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- Japanese Style Macaroni Salad with Bacon, Cucumber, and Red Onion
- Spaghetti with Pancetta, Kale, and Butternut Squash
- Fresh Fettuccine with Roasted Eggplant and Tomato
- Mentaiko Pasta with Olive Oil and Shiso