Yo yo yo! March went by quite fast didn’t it?
Below are some things I haven’t shared yet + a recap of my experiences with food, hydroponic gardening, and travel in March 2017.
Tasty recipes that I tried from other sites. Check them out!
click to enlarge
Recipes that didn’t work for me 🙁
Tasty recipes that I posted
The GreenChef Experience Review
I also gave a meal delivery service a try for the first time. I used GreenChef and tried 3 of their vegan meals. They had a promo for one free week which is why I decided to try it.
The only negative I have to say is that they made it very difficult to change the delivery address for my next shipment. The food was subsequently tossed (by the shipper) as a result. This happened despite me giving them advance notice to change the address and contacting both GreenChef and the shipper to change it. So if you never have to change an address it’s not something to worry about…
The videos are on youtube if you want to watch the prep and my initial impressions.
- Preparation-4/5 everything is premeasured and washed. So the prep(washing/cutting/chopping) required is very minimal. All of my recipes required roasting in the oven, so -1 point for that.
- Freshness of ingredients-4/5; since things are washed and some veggies come precut, you can tell it may have been some time since they were cut – 1 point
- Flavor-4/5 The flavors and textures were very good. I wasn’t sure what to expect and thought the level of complexity was on par with a good vegan restaurant. I did not need to add any additional salt.
- Overall -4/5 The dishes were unique, but nothing really blew me away or led me wanting more. Flavors were good, the food was healthy, and seasoning was adequate. So if you have been contemplating meal delivery, Greenchef might be something worth checking out.
Guess what I saw at Trader Joes this weekend?! Hydroponic watercress! Who would have thought it would start to become mainstream! It’s about time and hopefully more people will start to recognize the benefits of hydroponics!
Here is a good news sandwich- My Aerogarden has just passed it’s 80th day! Bad news- I overharvested and killed the back two basil plants. I didn’t want them to drink up all the water while I was away and I guess they must have gone into shock and died. More good news- I took cuttings of the basil, so I still have plenty more!
My DIY Hydroponic grow is going very well, I’ve been meaning to post the progress of it, but haven’t had a chance to yet. If you want to watch my video updates they are available here on Youtube we just passed week 8! Please subscribe to my channel if you haven’t already!
I ended up taking an unplanned and fun trip to Bogota + Cartagena,Colombia and Miami, Florida.
The weather was warm and food overall quite good. More details to come!
Lastly, I updated my logo for the upcoming Easter Holiday. The timelapse for that design can also be found on Youtube.
Hope you have a great week!
In case you missed them, here are some of my other blog posts-
- Lessons Learned from One Year of Blogging Part 3: Marketing
- Lessons Learned from One Year of Blogging Part 2: Photography and 5 Regrets
- Lessons Learned from One Year of Blogging Part 1: Inspiration
- All Day I Eat Turns 1 year old!!
- The Magic of Gardening
- April 2017 Reflections: Food and Travel
- Throwback Thursday #6: Burning Man 2011
- Improving My Bread Baking Part 3: Rustic Loaf with Fennel, Poppy, and Sesame Seeds
- Improving My Bread Baking Part 2: French Style Country Loaf
- March 2017 Reflections: Food, Gardening, and Travel