Monthly review on food and travel for April 2017
Looking back, April was an unusually busy month of travel.
I am currently nearing the end of that with my last week here in Europe.
We’ve visited Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Lisbon and will spend a few hours in Zurich before heading home.
Eating wise, it’s been nice not having to cook and clean.
The flipside is that all that time saved was really shifted to researching where to eat in each of the places we visited.
So far the food has been pretty good. Lots of meat though. Lots and lots of it.
And I can’t wait to go home and eat some lighter vegan/vegetarian fare!
I’m still catching up with my Miami post, as well as New York City. Those are getting finalized and will be out this week.
Now I’ll need to start on Europe.
It never ends! 🙂
All Day I Eat Children’s Day Logo 2017
The logo I designed for the remainder of April and into early May is a Children’s day edition. Children’s day is a holiday celebrated in Japan on May 5. The little fish flying in the wind is one of the decorations that is put up to celebrate. Each fish is representative of a member in the family. Click the link above if you want to learn more!
Recipe that was successful from other sites –
The only modifications I made to this recipe were: using fresh bucatini pasta and San Marzano tomatoes with a basil leaf (missing oregano and garlic). It came out delicious and is definitely a keeper. Visit Joanne’s site for the recipe!
Bucatini all’Amatriciana from No Plate like Home
Recipe that failed –
I liked how this recipe was light and didn’t use eggs in the base. It turned out to be just okay, but had I not added the mozzarella cheese on top, I don’t think I would have liked it at all.
Jamie Oliver’s Eggplant Parmesan from the NYTimes
My Published Recipes
- Classic Crepes Suzette with Rum Crepes
- Classic Beef Bourguignon
- Japanese Radish Salad with Tuna and Radish Sprouts
- March 2017 Reflections: Food, Gardening, and Travel
- Improving My Bread Baking Part 2: French Style Country Loaf
- Improving My Bread Baking Part 3: Rustic Loaf with Fennel, Poppy, and Sesame Seeds
- Throwback Thursday #6: Burning Man 2011
- Colombia Trip March 2017 Part 1: Bogota Sights
- Colombia Trip March 2017 Part 2: Bogota Food
- Colombia Trip March 2017 Part 3: Eating Cartagena